Tuesday 22 May 2018

Using phrasal verbs






Come along
Turn up Arrive / appear
Get on
Wander around
Look for Seek
Take off Remove (some clothes)
Head off Leave
Be dying for
Run out of
Pop out
Pick up Buy / collect
Stop by
Put on
Go on Continue
Put in Install
Fill in Complete
Make up Invent
Go down Sales went down by 15% last year
Cut down I'm trying to cut down on how much coffee I drink
Turn down Can you turn the TV down? It's too loud
send out He sent out hundreds of jobs applications
hand out They handed out immigration forms before we landed
give out The teacher gave out the worksheets
come along Do you want to come along to the cinema tonight?
head off It's getting late so I think I'll head off
pop out I think she's popped out to get something for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment