Thursday 22 February 2018

Question tags



1.- You speak Italian, don't you?

2.-  You don't know how to drive, do you?

3.- Mary likes spicy food, doesn't she?

4.- German isn't easy, is it?

5.- It's snowning in England, isn't it?

6.- You aren't Irish, are you?

7.- Last week yo were in London,  weren't you?

8.- He had to go home, didn't he?

9.- Sandra said she would come, didn't she?

10.- We're going to the party, aren't we?

11.- I can eat in class, can't I?

12.- Grandma can't have salt, can she?

13.- She has a baby, doesn't she?

14.- She has had a baby, hasn't she?

15.- You've been in Japan, haven't you?

16.- They've come from the Berlin office, haven't they?

17.- You won't tell anybody my secret, will you?

18.- I would never hurt you, would I?

19.- I should call my mother, shouldn't I?

Special cases
1.- Con ‘I am’, siempre se usa la question tag ‘aren’t I?

I am the best student in the class, aren’t I?

2.- Con el imperativo siempre se usa ‘will you’, tanto si la oración tiene sentido positivo o negativo.

Pass me that pen, will you?

Don’t be late, will you?

3.- Con la expresión ‘Let’s’, siempre se usa el question tag ‘shall we’:

Let’s have lunch, shall we?

Let’s not argue, shall we?

4.- Con ‘there is’ y ‘there are’, la question tag se forma usando ‘there’ en lugar de un pronombre:

There isn’t any bread left, is there?

There is plenty of time, isn’t there?

No comments:

Post a Comment